Thursday, April 29, 2010

Yard sale time again

It is Yard sale time on the suburbs. Driving along Upper Gulph road this morning taking, Maya, our dog to the dog park I noticed the blooming of yard sale signs. It must be spring and time to clean out.
I myself have a place in the basement we call the yard sale area. If one of us, no longer wants something or we rearrange a room – it goes to dad to place in the area. So many childhood things with memories attached are stored away like treasure in the basement.
Last time my daughters cleaned all the plush animals from their shelves- the ones they had to have form the gift shop or had cherished as a victory at the local fair off into the 50 cent pile.
And the books - books with so much lap time built into them just thrown into a pile. It is fun to watch during the sale when they are picked up and purchased by a little person catching the yard sale virus.
My daughters have been infected with this virus through me. I like to hunt for things and like to engage in the yard sale banter. Others in my family would rather go to the dentist. Maybe I will see you at one and we will both want the same old golf club.

No comments: