Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekend Blues

Getting ready for a weekend in the spring has more overhead than I ever imagined. There are so many tasks to be completed around the house it is hard to get a grip on where to start. Outside the beds and the lawn scream for attention like 5 yr olds “ fix me -cut me- clean me- weed me”. The garden is waiting for the same thing. It is like an angry twin “Weed me - feed me-turn me over fill me with plants”.

Inside ---- We need to get rooms ready for the transition from little kids living in the house to middle and high school aged children. The piano – bought with such high hopes that someone would take a liking to it – nada – It sits there like a large immovable table holding up memories of the times we had away from home.
The carpets filled with the memory stains of crayons and Jell-O and pudding and pets Chutes and Ladders is giving way to a rower and a stair master (which needs repair too)

Internet access all anyone wants – all the plaster and lath block the wireless signal and a work is waiting there for upgrading the network, making the printers available wirelessly

The basement – the attic- the clothes closets – the kids rooms – the kitchen the oven has stopped working - and I would like to relax a bit too. Happy Friday!

No comments: