Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Study on High Blood Pressure and Disease Management

I have to say I am extreamly proud of my wife Elizabeth. She worked long and hard on a project she did while at Aetna some time ago, maybe two plus years. The study is getting published now and is an accomplishment for positive health care which does not get enough recognition.

In this study (my view of it anyway) the health care company uses it client base to study the positive health effects of actively managing a population of individuals recognized by he company as having a serious but manageable health condition. The Health care company takes positive steps and actions to keep the clients aware of their situation and amazingly they get better health outcomes from the population at lower costs to the company. IMHO this should be front page news. Here is a link to the study. I am very proud of my wife Elizabeth!!

No comments: